Saturday 28 January 2012

I have a blog =P

Now what the hell do I do....?

Since graduating in the summer of 2011, I've been asking myself this question.
Up until recently, the moment I received my congratulatory handshake from the principle and looks of pride in my parents eyes, I felt I had achieved every goal I set myself in that time. I left my hometown to make a new life for myself, met many wonderful people and made some fantastic friendships. I achieved something no one in my family had ever done before. I not only graduated from university, but set the bar for the future generations of my family by achieving a first class degree.


Ok, I admit I'm gloating a bit there.

Now. What the hell do I do? For the past few months I bobbed along in life like an inflatable crocodile down the poo coloured thames. Merely following the current in a general direction. Jobs in my chosen field of study would appear like docks at the side, and as would try to dock with them, I would find them crushed with other inflatable crocodiles like myself.

I guess I can take solace that there are other people like myself and many of my friends bobbing along and in need of guidance.

But seeing as this is a new year, it is a new start, and it's shaping up to be a fantastic year.

I have a new set of goals, a new hunger for knowledge and adventure. I have made a host of new friends to add to the amazing people I have encountered since moving here. As scary as the future, looks I can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment